Gwennel Doc is a free WYSIWYG and WYSIWYM editor for Windows supporting natively the Open Document Format.
Gwennel Doc is not a word processor, its goal is not to produce printed documents. It is more a note taking software to edit electronic documents.
- Both WISIWYG and WISIWYM
- Small (executable < 200K)
- Very fast and responsive
- Based on a true open standard:
- You can directly open documents from Open Office without the need of specific import or export.
- Gwennel documents can be directly opened in Open Office or any other tool supporting the OpenDocument format.
- Portable: no install and no use of the registry.
- Tables and table styles
- Internet Links
Version 0.15 - 2013-12-23
- New Feature: basic find command
- Bug fix: use the text color of paragraph for bullets
- The executable is no longer packed with UPX because of all those crappy antivirus
Version 0.14 - 2013-12-15
- SHIFT-DELETE, CTRL-INSERT, SHIFT-INSERT shortcuts for cut/copy/paste
- Better colors for cursors and selection with dark background color
- Ability to change the background color of the page
Version 0.13 - 2012-07-13
- Command to show non-printing characters
- Bug fix: The color button was always black on Windows 7
Version 0.12 - 2010-12-11
- Default formating now works like in Open Office
- Bug fix: undo did not always restore bullet or paragraph style
- Bug fix: undo cancels multiple changes in one steps
Version 0.11 - 2010-10-15
- Move the cursor at the beginning of a table when inserting a new table
- Bug fix: crash when attempting to insert a link with selection across multiple table cells
- Bug fix: crash when loading certain documents
- Bug fix: crash with align buttons and background color button
Version 0.10 - 2010-10-04
- Each table cell can override the background color inherited from the style
- Ability to insert or remove a paragraph before a table
- The style of Internet links is customizable
- Use modal dialogs when changing styles from keyboard shortcuts (CTRL-T, CTRL-P and CTRL-L)
- Basic popup menus on the tree view and the document view
- Bug fix: selection blocked sometimes because of the control keys
- Bug fix: still issues with underline
- Bug fix: impossible to select a font name or a font size with keyboard
- Bug fix: moving cursor down with line breaks
- Bug fix: the vertical padding and margin were not fixed when changing the style of joined paragraphs
- Bug fix: crash when trying to copy non-copyable selection
This software is freeware. You are free to distribute this program, but only in its original distribution format and without modification.